Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer Reflection

As summer draws to a close, I wanted to relive my garden through some of the photos I took at different times over the last three or four months. Although certainly not finished yet, none of the plants are looking particularly fresh or young, and if you look closely, the blooms are pretty tired and even downright wilted. Stems are brown and broken, and some plants have all but folded up, already gone until next year. It's time to think about spring-flowering bulbs, autumn mums and falling leaves. But I'm glad that tomorrow, I'll cut the lawn one more time ...














2 comments:

Laureate said...

Really beautiful and vibrant colours! Thanks for that reminder! Love the flower at the bottom...what is that one called; is it a red hot poker?

Kim

anamchara1 said...

Yes, that's what it is ... I love it!