Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Weekend Away

This past weekend, I visited my very good friends Kim and Pete in Ottawa. Here is a link to Kim's blog http://www.laureateshelties.blogspot.com/

I realized when I got home and uploaded from my camera, I really didn't have much "blog-worthy" to post, but that's fine, because that wasn't my intention! We ate and drank and shopped and had a big walkabout with the dogs. We shared a lot of wonderful conversation and I came home feeling very lucky to have such good friends. Kim has much better photos on her blog, but here are a few that I did bring home as a sampling.

I took this through the kitchen window with Pete's 500 mm lens. That branch was many feet away; I've never used such an awesome piece of photo equipment before!



These two pairs of geese taunted me all weekend. I patiently waited, a number of times, for them to break out in one of many territorial spats between them, as the resulting fireworks would have made some really intense pictures. Or so I thought. I never did get anything really interesting. It seemed that no sooner did I leave my "blind" on the balcony, that's when they would decide to squabble and engage in all kinds of mini-wars.


And this is my most favourite poodle in the whole world. I lost my heart to Miss Bunny-Foo when I met her for the first time as a 12 (I think) week old puppy in October at Kim's. I went gaga for her, and was tickled to hug and be hugged all over again, and double the fun, as Bunny now has a half-sister Barbie. It was marvelous to have all that poodley fun. And one of the best things is that because they don't shed, I didn't have to worry about bringing home strange white hairs for my own dogs to be jealous about!!



1 comment:

Laureate said...

Well the weather certainly didn't cooperate for photo shoots. The branches with water dripping is pretty apropos!

The geese have still been at it...the first time we've had geese hang around the creek since we've lived her; and now two pair want to nest!

Miss Bunny Foo Foo might need an even shorter do. Barbie is still helping to twist and twirl it into felt!!!

Come back soon...!!!
Love, Kim