Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Cady

It was just a week ago, on May 24th, that I had to let my beautiful Cady go. She was 14 1/2 years old, and had lived, I think, a wonderful life by anyone's standards. She was much, much more to me than my (intended) foundation bitch. Bringing her home that day as a 12 week old was the beginning of so many firsts for us ... my first real show dog, my first litter, my first really fun dog, just so full of herself, she was hard to take seriously. 

I can't begin to relate all of the wonderful stories or to share the innumerable memories of my sweet girl, but they fill my heart, and have been great comfort to draw upon this last week and for many weeks, months, years to come. I am eternally grateful for the precious time we had together, and know that one day we'll meet again. Till then, I love you more you'll ever know, my Cady ... 

Ch Laureate Cadence, at age 11




4 comments:

Laureate said...

Rest in Peace sweet Cady...so glad you brought Brenda into my life.

lonfrichuk said...

So sorry for your loss but what a journey the two of you travelled together :)

Acadia Shelties said...

I have always loved your Cady. Thank you for posting her passing- my heart goes out to you as I know it is SOOOOO hard to lose that "first" special one.

Cheap Instagram Followers said...

Oh! sorry for your loss .... i also love dogs....I appreciate you sharing this blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Great.try Cheap Instagram Followers
get followers on instagram fast and free