Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Deer Hunter

Finally, after many, many evenings last year visiting the bog in hopes of catching sight of one of the many deer that I know live there, I found my "quarry" at last. Luckily this doe was quite cooperative, although I certainly wasn't close and obviously no threat, forced to stick to the boardwalk path, while she was on higher ground slightly above the mucky swamp. With any luck, I'll go back in a few months and find some of her juvenile cousins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Laureate said...

Love the head on shot...you were pretty close! They let us come closer when we are in a vehicle (and without a camera)!

lonfrichuk said...

Love the face shot! What big ears they have, I had no idea!